Most people who have bought or sold a home can instantly recall the relationship they had with the realtor they worked with. There are some who keep in touch, and are considered a friend. There are others who are top of mind when it comes to referring services. Sometimes when I hear people talk about the real estate transactions they’ve had, it sounds as though they resent the commission that their real estate agent made on the sale. These kind of comments make me wonder one of two things:
Maybe they didn’t feel that their real estate agent was working hard enough and perhaps their home was on the market for longer than they expected.
Maybe the sale happened so quickly that they felt that the commission was undeserved.
Either way, it seems like a good topic for discussion, and here are some points to consider when determining the value of your real estate agent. We are professionals who make our living bringing buyers and sellers together to facilitate mutually satisfying real estate transactions. A real estate agent plays an important role in representing your interests, either as a buyer or a seller. Here are a few reasons why hiring a real estate agent is standard practice, and how we earn our commission:
1. Our experience means we know what to look for and where to find it. You don’t have to spend your time researching the market or strategizing ways to get your home sold. From our first meeting we can begin to use our knowledge to help you reach your goal. We have information about listings that are not advertised or ones are coming up and not available to the public.
2. We field the calls, and pre-qualify those who actually come to your home to have a look so that you don’t have to. We give you the advance notice you require so that you don’t have to meet and greet, answer questions, follow strangers as they look through your house, or read up on salesmanship. We provide a trustworthy presence, and can let ourselves in and out, with minimal inconvenience to you.
3. When we show your home, we get honest first-hand feedback from potential buyers. This kind of objectivity is valuable to getting your home sold.
4. We do the advertising for you. We know what selling features are in demand, and how to make your home look as attractive as possible. We have the professional tools to put your home in the best light.
5. We are skilled negotiators and can recognize opportunities to create mutually beneficial outcomes. We understand the process, the legalities, and with many similar transactions to our credit we work on your behalf to bring you offers that get the best possible returns for your investment.
If you’re wondering if now is the right time for you to buy or sell your home, I hope you’ll give me a call. I will do my best to help you reach your real estate goals as quickly as possible and to make your real estate experiences positive.